Is your Computer Male or Female?
Recently, a group of computer scientist (all males) announced
that computers should also be referred to as being female.
Their reasons for drawing this conclusion are as follows:
Five reasons to believe computers are female:
1. No one but the Creator understands their internal logic
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is
incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. The message "Bad command or file name" is about as informative as "If you
don’t know why I am mad at you, then I’m certainly not going to tell you".
4. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval.
5. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your
paycheck on accessories for it.
However, another group of computer scientist (all female) think
that computers should be referred to as if they were male.
Their reasons for drawing these conclussions are as follows:
Five reasons to believe computers are male:
1. They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
2. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they are the problem.
3. As soon as you commit to one yot realise that, if you had waited a little longer,
you could have obtained a better model.
4. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
5. Big power surges knock them out for the rest of the night.