My Battle With Cancer
- My Battle With Cancer
On the 23rd of December 2004 I was diagnosed with a rare Bone Cancer known as Ewing's Sarcoma. During 2005 I received treatment for this Cancer.
This page is my story about my treatment.
- Six cycles of chemotherapy at Christchurch Hospital.
- Surgery to have the tumour removed from my right collar bone at Christchurch Hospital. (This involved actual removal of the collar bone).
- A further eight cycles of chemotherapy at Southland Hospital.
- Treatment was completed in December 2005.
- For the first 2 years following this I had scans every 6 months to ensure the cancer hasn't returned and checkups every 3 months.
- Scans were reduced to every year and checkup every 6 months for the next three years between 2007 and 2010.
- From August 2010 until August 2013 my chcekups were reduced to once a year.
- My final checkup was in November 2016, I am now required to book regular checkups with my GP.
- There was a likelyhood the Cancer treatment would prevent me from ever having children. Abi and I had our first biological child together in 2016.
The following is a diary of my treatment from when I first noticed up until the latest developments in my treatment.
Names in this diary have not been changed and any statements made by each individual or medical professional may not reflect their actual views.
This diary goes into detail about my thoughts and feelings as I have battled this disease as well as giving details
about the medical treatment received.